Safari No3 - Camping Under the Stars
During the day you can enjoy:
- The fallow deer (Dama dama) in one of the trails.
- The small bodied, freshwater fish, the gizani, an endagered species that is endemic to Rhodes Island.
- The small turtles living in the streams bloomed in laurels.
- A special picnic, savoring local products on the river bank under the shade of pine trees.
- Departure around 16:00 and return the next day around 12:00 noon
- A combination of the first and second excursion, and a magical night under the stars in a comfortable tent
- Two meals (dinner & breakfast) and equipment included in the price
- Bookings at least 2 days in advance
- Maximum 5 people per night
1. Excursions can end in the picturesque village of Asklipio (1 hour approximately) 5€ in addition to the total price.
In the village you can enjoy:
- The Dormition of the Virgin church which is ranked as one of the oldest in southern Greece (1060)
- The small museum
- The beautiful view of the medieval castle
- Free hotel pickup and drop off service within 10km span of hotel. (If the hotel is more than 10km away a charge of 10 euro extra is made.
- All kinds of information by our environmental engineer about the plants and animals of the area!
- A special picninc, savoring local products on the river bank under the shade of pine trees!
“Remembering the wonderful day in May we went on the DONKEY CRUISE.
Christos is so kind and caring towards his donkeys. He rescues sick and old donkeys from Lindos. Support the donkeys and have a really memorable fun day! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!”
Christine Patricia Patricia
“A wonderful experience in magical surroundings! Definitely recommend, especially when you have children – our girl still keeps talking about donkeys a week later and wants to return to Rhodes only to be able to go ride them again 😉 The animals are exceptionally well kept and friendly and you can see that the owners are really putting their heart into their work.”
“During our holidays as always we’ve decided to go for some organized trips. As usual I’ve seen many different leaflets in our hotel with the one that looked slightly different then the other- Donkey Cruise. My young daughter is crazy about the animals ( she is this kind of girl who runs to every dog on the street) nevertheless I was kind of worried that it might be just a farm with donkeys with an attitude of a “factory for tourists” but it appeared to be an incredible place full of love, it’s a family business and it really feels that it’s not just a business focused on money, it’s all about the donkeys there! In the end of the day I was leaving this sweet family with smile on my face and with thought that you can really treat animals with passion in the tourism industry.”
“We LOVED our experience here!! We did this on the last day of our holiday and what a lovely way to top it off!! The donkeys are so well looked after and it definitely shows as they’re so loving and gentle!! The chapel where we stopped for a picnic was interesting and in a lovely spot to have a little wander and look at the view! The picnic was delicious and we got to try a fruit that is only available for a fortnight throughout the year that I think was native to the island whilst it’s in season which was another nice touch to the trip!! All the staff were so friendly and made the trip that little bit more special too!”
BOOK ONLINE YOUR EXCURSION
Got a Question?
Do not hesitage to give us a call! We will gladly answer any question you may have.
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org